Digital Audio World

Musings and information on podcasting, digital audio, online streaming audio and home studio recording from Tim 'Gonzo' Gordon of DigitalAudioWorld.com

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Young Podcast Listenership Moves Upward

Podcast this, podcast that.

One in five of all podcast users download and listen to about 5 podcasts a week, spending about 3 1/2 hours a month jamming podcasts into their ears.

A new Bridge Ratings survey - {FMQB: Radio Industry News, Music Industry Updates, Arbitron Ratings, Music News and more!} - found that most listeners feel that they're able to find better podcasts than they did the last time the question was asked.

There's a sharp upswing in podcast usage in the 12-24 demographic, according to Dave Van Dyke, the president/CEO of Bridge Ratings (hey, I think he used to consult a station I worked at in Portland in the 80s!). The question: “Have you listened to a podcast in the last 30 days?" resulted in higher numbers from the younger group. 25-34 year olds also charted higher. Most said it was because they had more free time!

Free time!?

What is that?

Maybe I should google it. As if I had any time to do that.

Bridge Ratings keeps a continual pulse on the podcast nation, and I think we're all grateful for that. Maybe I can get Dave on my podcast?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home