Digital Audio World

Musings and information on podcasting, digital audio, online streaming audio and home studio recording from Tim 'Gonzo' Gordon of DigitalAudioWorld.com

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Digital Radio Moves Forward with Coalition

Looks like digital radio just got a kick in the ass. And it's about time. I remember years ago, when I was a young pup in radio in the 80s (early 80s!), a radio engineer told me that digital AM radio's technology at that point was already good enough to make AM radio sound better than FM. Ever since then, I've been waiting for digital radio to come along.

Of course, the problem now is that I'm no longer in radio (well, that's not the problem), and radio today sucks even worse than it did in the 80s. Radio was best in the 70s, or course...or even the 60s, when Top 40 BOSS JOCK radio was da bomb. (Here's a cool 70s radio site....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home