Digital Audio World

Musings and information on podcasting, digital audio, online streaming audio and home studio recording from Tim 'Gonzo' Gordon of DigitalAudioWorld.com

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

As predicted, iTunes will soon have the capability to import, search for and archive podcasts. See Technology - canada.com.

Does this mean that iPodder and iPodderx are done for, taking their last breath, gasping for air, hanging on my the nubs of their nails? For the most part, I think so. There will always be a few folks hanging on, just like people hung on to Gnutella and old software even though the masters of the universe shut down the spigot on updates or distribition.

Still, I think it's a good thing. As a podcaster, I want as much exposure as possible. Being able to register my podcast on iTunes may not mean I'll get hundreds or thousands of listeners, but it can't hurt to be in the directory. And it may even shift my perspective on the show to something different than what it is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home